Pearly Gates is...
Quick Reference
BP Player Cards:
ESPN Player Cards:
Recent posts
Links
Archive
Contact
|
Friday, July 30, 2004
Thank you blogger
Blogger didn't like my two audio posts from tonight (I'm seriously pissed- this was good stuff...), so here's the gist:
- Dodger fans are pissed. Dodger fans are idiots. I'm sorry folks, but Paul LoDuca was nothing special (.301/.351/.444). Charles Johnson is at least as good offensively (.258/.363/.475), and a hell of a lot better with the glove. And the "team chemistry" argument is bull shit- plain and simple. A good clubhouse is a side effect of winning- not the other way around. I'm sure LoDuca was a swell guy, but being nice doesn't win ball games. It's a classic case of (s)crappy white guy syndrome.
Sure, the bullpen takes a huge hit with Mota's departure, but with Penny and Hee Seop Choi coming to LA, I don't see how anyone can be unhappy. I'm even hearing Dodger fans calling for DePodesta's head. Fucking idiots. This is a great trade, even if it doesn't get spun into a Johnson/Finley deal.
I'm sure Rob will have a ton on this soon.
- Thank God for Bengie Molina, right? At least someone's game isn't falling apart in our hour of need.
Bill Stoneman now has 13:30 to help this team. Buddy Groom would be a nice addition.
|