Pearly Gates is...Quick ReferenceRecent postsLinksRichard's other blog:Hall Of Fame:
The "Real" Media:
Halosphere:
Minor League Affiliates:
Other Baseball Blogs:
Other Random Crap (in a good way):
Soccer:Archive
Blog*Spot ArchivesContactRichard Ceccarelli Josh Mandir |
Tuesday, April 06, 2004Light up that halo!I have to keep telling myself it's just one game... it's just one game. But wow. It took Colon a couple of innings to settle down, but once he did he was untouchable. Come to think of it I can't remember a single hard-hit ball off the M's bats. Angel fans couldn't have hoped for a better start from their new ace. What can you say about the bats? Glaus looked amazing- he was locked in on every pitch. His two homeruns are the only two he has ever hit at Safeco. Guererro had great patience all day, which is a great sign. He missed a 3-run homerun by inches in the 8th. The bottom of the order also produced- Jose Molina had a homerun and a double and Kennedy pitched in a couple of knocks. I guess the only negative I can take out of the game is that the outfield does not cover a lot of ground. I saw at least one ball that dropped in front of GA that would have been an easy catch for Erstad, but still, there were no major mistakes. That, and the fact that the bullpen was being way to cute. With two outs Shields and Gregg both refused to challenge the hitters. Instead they nipped on the corners and low in the zone, resulting in walks and a four run bottom of the 8th. Buddy Black should get them straightened out. All and all, it was a great start for the Angels. |