An Angels blog
Pearly Gates: An Angels Blog
Pearly Gates: An Angels Blog

Navigate

Pearly Gates is...

Quick Reference

BP Player Cards:

ESPN Player Cards:

Baseball Cube:

Baseball Reference:

Recent posts

Links

Archive

Contact

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Washed out

We got the win and that's what's important. I was watching the game with my brother John, and he pointed out that this looks like a year of big innings (on both sides of the ball) for the Angels. I think that's just about right.

These first two games have been very impressive save a few bad innings from pitching staff. The wheels really fell off for Washburn there in the 4th. He was consistently up in the zone, and he got pounded for it, but obviously one start is nothing to get too distressed over.

And I don't have to tell you how impressive the offense has been- it's plain to see. Vlad, G.A., and Glaus have all looked unstoppable in these first two game. 10 runs a game, and Guillen and Salmon haven't really shown up yet- this should be a fun year.